Sunday, August 22, 2010

Review on Laneige Fall 2010 Collection Mystic Veil Foundation SPF33 PA++ in 21 Natural Beige

I picked up this foundation last week at Raffles City Robinson's at S$49. It is a limited edition cream foundation from Laneige's Fall 2010 Mystic Veil Collection. It comes in 2 colours, the fairer shade 21 Natural Beige and darker shade 23 Sand Beige. I got the fairer shade 21. The colour suits my skin colour well.

I must admit that I got this because I was drawn to the intricate packaging. I just cannot resist cute packaging like these. I seldom keep the box from the packaging but I am definitely keeping this one.

The foundation has a creamy texture as seen from the picture above. Since its cream, the texture is to the thick side. When I tried it on, I only needed a pea size amount for the whole face. I warmed the foundation on the back of my hand and dubbed it onto my nose, cheek and forehead. I have a foundation tutorial using this foundation which can be found here. The coverage is medium sheer and you can use a bit more of the product if you want better coverage. But don't use too much or your face might look cakey.

Usually when it comes to foundation I am more concerned with its oil control power as I have combination skin and there will usually be shine at my T-zone after like 2 hours. For this foundation, I must say its oil control ability is average, just like my other foundations like Lunasol's Water Cream Foundation or Skinfood's Agave Cactus Sun BB Cream SPF36+++. However, I will continue using this as I have not found a foundation that can control the shine on my nose entirely!

Go get it if you need a foundation or you simply just love the packaging =D

No comments: