Saturday, August 28, 2010

Review on My Beauty Diary Masks - Bird's Nest Mask & Q10 Rejuvenating Mask


I have been using this Taiwanese brand, My Beauty Diary's masks on a regular basis for a long time since last year. It is very reasonably priced between S$15.90-S$19.90, depending on which range you are buying. You can get them both at Guardian or Watsons. For overseas readers, you can get them from Bobodave Online Shop and Sasa.com. The brand has a wide range of different masks, at least like 16 types. They have interesting masks like Red Wine Mask, Black Pearl Mask, Sake Yeast Mask, Strawberry Yogurt Masks etc. You can read more about their whole range of masks from their official site. The Chinese site is more updated, but you can also read about their products in the English site, which seems like has not been updated since last year.

Here I review one of their older masks, the Q10 Rejuvenating Mask, and the latest addition to their range, the Bird's Nest Mask. I got the Q10 at Guardian (they don't seem to have the newer range yet), 10pcs for S$18.90, and the Bird's Nest at Watsons (they don't seem to have the old range), 10pcs for S$15.90. I have no idea why the newer mask is cheaper then the older mask! But they work just as well!

Q10 Rejuvenating Mask

The mask sheet for the Q10 Rejuvenating Mask is much thicker than the Bird's Nest Mask. The former contains anti-oxidant ingredients which help to keep your skin firm and youthful. It also contains hyaluronic acid, which stimulates the synthesis of collagen, maintains the moisture in your skin, making it more firm and resilient. I like this mask a lot! Each time after using it, my skin really brightens up and look much more radiant. I am not sure about the firming part, but my skin definitely is more moisturised and elastic.

Bird's Nest Mask

The mask sheet for the Bird's Nest Mask is thinner and fits on to my face really well. This mask contains kappaphycus extracts which helps to increase the hydration level of your skin. It also contains hydrolzed rice protein and hydrolzed soy protein which improve the skin's resilience, elasticity, translucency and soothes irritated skin. I would say the results of this mask is similar to the Q10. But after each use my face definitely becomes visibly more evenly toned and fairer, which I love!

What I like most about these masks is that there is no greasy feel after use at all. I specially love to use the mask before applying make up, if I have time during weekends. My foundation glides on smoothly, and skin seems flawless after that.

I highly recommend both masks!

No comments: