Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Update on Ettusais Aqua Splash

So I have been using the new Ettusais Aqua Splash in place of my oil blotting paper for the past 5 days. I have normal to combination skin. On a typical day, after applying make up, shine will start to appear at my T-zone after about 2 hours in the morning. After blotting with normal blotting paper, shine will reappear (mostly at the nose area) after about an hour or so. My face is not the type that is really oily, but I am the type who prefer to have a "matte" look rather then a "dewy look"!

Amount of product left after 5 days

I normally use 5-6 pumps each time. I spray the product on bout 3-4 times a day

This is the result of the product on my face:

After applying make up, I spray the product on about half an hour later. My face stays matte for a maximum of about 3 hours. Without blotting, I spray the product on, pat, and face becomes more or less matte again, a little dewy, a bit of shine in a nice sort of way (not oily). However, after that, I will have to spray the product on about every hour or so if I want my face to stay matte.

I do not think that this is a miracle product, in the sense that it will not help your face stay matte for the whole day after application. However, it does do a good job in keeping your face matte for a short period of time without taking away moisture from your skin, like blotting papers. It will also be useful for those who are not diligent enough to touch up foundation regularly in the day as the splash contains power, which will somehow keep your skin looking smoother even without touching up (but of course you won't be able to achieve the flawless look without proper touch up).

I will give this product 3 stars out of 5. I might not repurchase as I initially thought that my face could stay matte longer after using it! I had rather high expectations of this product!

1 comment:

Polish Craze said...

I used the Skindinavia No More Shine and got the same results you did with this product.. I wish these products would work like they claim they do! lol