Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Review on DHC Facial Scrub

100g, S$36.90

Today I am going to review on the DHC Facial Scrub.

I first came across this scrub when I went to Watsons to purchase the DHC Collagen Drink. The SA gave me a few samples and the scrub was one of it. I only had one sachet, so I only tried it once, thought it was not too bad, and bought the actual size.

This is the description of the product at the back of the packaging:

This skin refiner delivers radiance by unveiling the fresh, young skin trapped beneath the surface. The apricot seed granules are finely milled and rounded for gentler buffing action.

You are recommended to use this product only once or twice a week, before cleansing, and on wet skin. It is best to avoid the eye area while scrubbing.


Not much needed for the entire face

You can see the size of the granules from this photo

So I have been using this for around 2 weeks, approximately 2 times a week. I feel that the granules are not really exactly as finely milled as those scrubs you could use more often. In fact, the scrub might be a little rough for those who have slightly more sensitive skin. However, personally, as I prefer bigger granules for a greater buffing action, I am fine with the slightly rougher grains. After use, I think my skin feels slightly smoother, but not really as smooth as the times after I use my Skin Food Black Sugar Mask (a scrubbing mask) or Hello Kitty Apple Gommage (a peeling gel). So I think the DHC scrub does its job at making my skin smoother, but not exactly that impressive!

I will finish using it, but I don't really think I will repurchase. However, for those who are looking for an average decent scrub (just to remove some dead skin), this might be a scrub you could consider. So far, I don't think all Watsons sell this, but you probably could find this in the bigger outlets. I got mine from the Watsons in Takashimaya.

2 comments:

DinaXYYan said...

Thanks for the review! Too bad it's just mediocre.
Btw, thanks for dropping by :)

ashura said...

Yup it didn't work out that well for me. Thanks for following~ =D