Thursday, September 9, 2010

Review: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in 11 Sonic Bloom


I got this at Watsons yesterday. Usually these retail at S12.90 each. I had been contemplating whether to get this colour or not for the longest time, and since Watsons is having a 20% off them, I finally decided to just get it. I paid around S$10+.

The formula is on the thick side. It has a red-colour-liquid-paper kind of feel to it However, it is really easy to apply for such a bright and intense sort of colour. For those really skilled in applying polish, it is possible to achieve opacity with only one coat. However, for me, I am still more comfortable with two coats. I had no problems whatsoever with the painting despite the fact that it dries quite fast. It doesn't dry that quickly, but quick enough for you to feel that you can move your fingers a little and do some typing etc. You know what I mean! =D

The colour on my nails turn out to be slightly different from the bottle. On my nails, it looks almost neon red, with a tinge of bluish undertone. From the bottle, I thought it was just a bright red with bluish undertone. Nonetheless, I am still happy with how the colour looks on the nails!

I like this colour and formula enough to want to try other colours in the range!

4 comments:

Rory said...

Oooh. This is lovely...now I want to wear some red polishes; they're so classy!

CloverBeautyInn said...

Yup I love all sorts of reds, esp those with blue undertone!

R.ChamberofBeauty said...

Wow the color's really hot! Nice blog, check out mine....
http://rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.blogspot.com/

Sophie Jenner said...

lovely colour so vibrant and feirce! x
Great post!
Sophie-lou x
www.sophie-lou-j-says.blogspot.com