Monday, January 31, 2011

OPI Shatter

OPI Shatter E59, SGD19

Ok I know this is not new~ but it's new to me! I discovered this exciting new polish from OPI that "shatters" into uneven "pieces" upon application~

It looks like just a normal black nail polish

I first applied base coat, then 2 coats of China Glaze SCI-FI, a Khrome purplish silver. After the polish is thoroughly dry, I apply one moderately thick coat of OPI Shatter.

The OPI Shatter dries matte in about 30 seconds, and amazingly cracks into intricate irregular patterns! If you apply a thinner coat, you get patterns that are smaller; if you apply a thicker coat, the polish cracks into bigger pieces.

OPI Shatter over China Glaze SCI-FI with glossy top coat.

I experimented OPI Shatter over a few other colors of polish. I think Shatter works best over glitter polish and light, bright colors! My favorite is the pink on my pinkie!

On index finger: OPI Shatter over Ettussai Nail Color N in VI1 and Chanel Nail Color 237 Pepite

On middle finger: OPI Shatter over OPI Amazing Alice A56

On ring finger: OPI Shatter over Zoya Bekka

On pinkie: OPI Shatter over Anna Sui Nail Color N in 318

Quick get your own OPI Shatter and have lots of fun with it =)

8 comments:

galpal.hi said...

I have seen other blog posts about this nail polish but I love reading and seeing everyone's results. I haven't been able to find this nail polish here. I'll admit though that I haven't been looking for it that agressively.

Thanks for sharing!

*Kat*

SiSi Sparkles said...

Ahh I've had my eye on this since it came out! It's so cool :D

Eva said...

I want this!! It looks like so fun to paint watching it crackle haha

Unknown said...

I went to Ulta to pick this up but *Sigh* always OOS xD I do really want this but for some reason I'm pretty chill about waiting for it ^_^ Black Shatter over silver is EXACTLY how I'd wear it too :D it's so cooooolll!

Barbie said...

I really want the shatter polish! I've seen so many cute combos with it! I'm so excited to try it!


www.beautyblogxo.blogspot.com

Steph said...

china glaze si fi is so pretty~~
&& black shatter looks amazing on top =D

but it's sold out in most places i've checked

Marie said...

I like the silver and black together.:D

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com

Jennet said...

The yellow one is my fave-- looks like a leopard print! hehe :)